Connect with us

Latest

Jimmy Kimmel tells viewers to never watch CBS again after Stephen Colbert’s final episode

Published

on

Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel told his viewers on Wednesday to stop watching CBS for good after Stephen Colbert’s final show airs Thursday night.

Kimmel noted his own show would not air that night to honor Colbert’s finale, telling viewers, “I think you know how I feel about the fact that they are being pushed out. I hope the people who did the pushing feel ashamed of themselves tonight, although I know they probably won’t.”

Kimmel congratulated Colbert and said he hoped he would come visit his ABC program as often as possible.

“I will be watching tomorrow night. I hope that those of you who watch our show will also tune in to CBS for the last time. Don’t ever watch it again,” he added. “But watch tomorrow night to wish Stephen and our friends at ‘The Late Show’ a fond farewell.”

KIMMEL SLAMS CBS OVER COLBERT CANCELLATION, RIPS INTO TRUMP AS A ‘DELICATE, CHUBBY LITTLE TEACUP’

Fox News Digital reached out to CBS for comment but did not immediately hear back. 

Kimmel appeared on Colbert’s show last week when he questioned why his late-night colleague was being asked to make the case for late-night television. Kimmel appeared alongside Seth Meyers, Jimmy Fallon, and John Oliver.

“Why should you have to defend late-night? Why should that question even be asked?” Kimmel asked Colbert. “Like Ryan Seacrest doesn’t get asked [about] ‘Wheel of Fortune’ or whatever the hell he’s hosting.”

Colbert also asked the group of late-night hosts if there was anything the group hadn’t touched on in the appearance meant to mark the end of “The Late Show.”

“The outrage that your show is being thrown off the air?” Kimmel responded. “I am waiting for angry Stephen to come out. I want to see you go nuts.”

The audience then started chanting Colbert’s name.

JON STEWART DOWNPLAYS LATE-NIGHT BIAS, INSISTS TRUMP OBSESSION IS JUST A ‘PORTION’ OF COLBERT’S ‘JOY MACHINE’

Colbert hosted Jon Stewart on Tuesday, who downplayed late-night TV’s focus on President Donald Trump.

Stewart praised Colbert as his favorite person during the send-off interview, before turning to the president.

“He can do whatever he wants to do, but the ubiquitous bloviating of the commander-in-chief has put us all as defined as who we are in opposition to him,” Stewart said. “And it’s just a ridiculous framing. Yeah, it’s a minute portion of the joy machine that you call your show. And it’s annoying.”

CLICK HERE FOR MORE COVERAGE OF MEDIA AND CULTURE

“I mean this from the bottom of my heart, not just for this show, but for the country,” Stewart continued. “The day — oh people, close your eyes and dream. The day that the electorate in this great nation we call home repudiates this putrid administration. The day that that happens, my brother. My brother. There will be — and I mean this — the day that that happens, there will be a joyful noise from the bowels of this great country that will make Hungary’s repudiation of Orban look like an Amish Sabbath.”

Continue Reading

Latest

Fox News True Crime Newsletter: Alex Murdaugh’s new defense, Luigi Mangione’s decision, Tyler Robinson’s fight

Published

on

HARD-BOILED DRAMA: Murdaugh ‘egg juror’ fights to crack open jury tampering investigation with records in court clerk scandal

STAKES RAISED: Murdaugh defense plans alternate suspect push as DNA questions loom over retrial

DEFENSE BLITZ: Murdaugh sues court clerk after murder conviction overturned over jury tampering accusations

SCALES TIPPED: Becky Hill’s ‘disgraceful’ comments and book ambitions unraveled Murdaugh’s murder conviction: Docs

BLIND SPOT: New York’s ‘wrong-headed’ defendant-friendly laws helped toss Mangione evidence: retired cop

DECISION DAY: Mangione evidence ruling could determine what jurors see at his September murder trial

COURTROOM CLASH: Robinson’s defense team fights to seal evidence and punish prosecutors in Charlie Kirk’s assassination

SEALED LIPS: Robinson asks for more secret hearings after losing fight over cameras in court

HACKER’S TOOLBOX: ‘Wrench attack’ theory ratchets up fears of organized criminals in Guthrie case

LONG OVERDUE: DNA cracks 40-year cold case mystery with arrest in library worker’s savage slaying: police

CAUGHT CHEWING: Cold case killer who chewed cops’ undercover DNA bait faces survivor, families in courtroom showdown

DECADES LATER: Teen vanished from home decades ago – now feds hope new image and shifting loyalties reveal truth

‘MOST SINISTER WAY’: Influencer mom, lawyer dad accused of dark-web murder plot against boy-band baby daddy

DYNASTY DRAMA: Mango clothing tycoon’s son arrested in death of billionaire whose brand stretches across US

DOUBLE LIFE EXPOSED: Oklahoma woman discovers husband was a Canadian man who faked his death 37 years earlier in a barn fire

Continue Reading

Latest

Knicks crush Cavaliers in Game 2, take commanding 2-0 lead in series behind Josh Hart’s career night

Published

on

The New York Knicks didn’t need a historic comeback to take Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals from the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday.

Instead, it was a dominant victory in regulation, 109-93, as the Knicks take a commanding 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series to Cleveland this weekend.

There was no hangover for the Cavaliers to begin the game, as they owned a 27-24 lead at the end of the first quarter. But the Knicks found their way into the lead by halftime.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

It was the third quarter where New York started to pull away, getting the lead up to 18 points as the Madison Square Garden crowd went ballistic. The Knicks went on an 18-0 run at one point as well, which was reminiscent of Game 1’s fourth-quarter comeback.

However, Cleveland wasn’t letting off the gas despite the deficit. The Cavaliers cut the 18-point lead in half with around 8:30 left in the fourth quarter, as New York struggled to buy a basket.

KNICKS STORM BACK TO SHOCK CAVS IN GAME 1 AS JAMES HARDEN’S DEFENSIVE PLAY COMES UNDER SCRUTINY

But once OG Anunoby knocked down a three-pointer from the left wing, things were back to normal for the Knicks crowd.

Mikal Bridges, who had a stellar night on both ends of the floor, hit a wide-open three with 6:12 remaining in the fourth that got the lead back up to 13 for the Knicks, and they would coast from there.

Jalen Brunson, the team’s All-Star point guard, was phenomenal in the comeback on Tuesday night, dropping 38 points. But Cleveland made their game plan known right away in this matchup, putting pressure on him to the point where he’d be giving up the rock in double-teams.

As a result, the Cavaliers were fine with Josh Hart taking shots instead. While the plan seemed to work in the first half a bit, Hart found his groove in the second and set a new career high with a team-high 26 points on 10-of-21 shooting, including 5-of-11 from three-point range. He also got on the board with seven assists, four rebounds and two steals.

Meanwhile, Brunson tallied 19 points and dished out a playoff career-high 14 assists for New York. And once again, Karl-Anthony Towns recorded a double-double with 18 points and 13 rebounds, playing efficiently for Mike Brown’s Knicks.

With the lead back up to 18 for the Knicks, all starters were pulled with under two minutes to play, as the crowd gave their squad a standing ovation for a job well done.

The Knicks shot 52% from the field and only saw 14 foul shots all game long, but they held the Cavaliers to just 39% shooting as a team. Cleveland also failed to capitalize on key free throws late in the game, as they were in the bonus with over nine minutes to play. As a team, they shot just 69% (22-of-32) from the charity stripe.

Evan Mobley also had 14 points in the first half, but he curiously didn’t take a single shot in the second half for Cleveland. Donovan Mitchell matched Hart’s 26 points, though he shot 8-of-18. James Harden also went 6-of-15 for 18 points.

With the win, the Knicks have now won nine straight playoff games.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Continue Reading

Latest

Texas Tech booster claps back at Steve Sarkisian after Texas coach takes a shot at Red Raiders

Published

on

What a week for SEC coaches.

First, new LSU head coach Lane Kiffin went off about the supposed difficulty of the SEC’s schedules, then bragged about his easy non-conference schedules giving him 20 free wins over five years. Incredibly, Kiffin then said that the SEC plays tougher games late in the season, when he gave Ole Miss a free bye week in November by playing The Citadel.

Then Steve Sarkisian, who said undefeated teams were a thing of the past just a few months before the Indiana Hoosiers went 16-0, took his turn at SEC superiority.

According to Anwar Richardson, the Texas Longhorns head coach was speaking at The Touchdown Club of Houston this week and took the opportunity to seemingly criticize his in-state rival Texas Texas Red Raiders. “There’s a team in our state that plays in another conference that has a schedule that I would argue if I played with our twos and our threes,” he said, “We could go undefeated, and they’ll probably make the College Football Playoff this year.”

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Wonder who that could be, other than Texas Tech!

Someone else found it exceedingly obvious who Sarkisian was referring to, and took the opportunity to fire right back at the Longhorn coach and his athletic director. In a post on X, billionaire Texas Tech donor Cody Campbell went right to the point.

“Schedule us then!” Campbell replied to a post about Sark’s comments. “We’ve been talking about it for years and we are more than willing!!”

TOP TEXAS TECH FOOTBALL DONOR SAYS NOBODY HAS ‘AUTHORITY’ TO ‘ENFORCE ANY RULES’ IN COLLEGE SPORTS RIGHT NOW

Seems a bit unlikely, especially considering Sark’s comments about scheduling after losing to Ohio State in 2025 and missing out on the playoff. When the Longhorns, at 9-3, didn’t get into the tournament field, he explained that all future scheduling non-conference decisions are now under review.

“Yeah, you know, I think there’s a couple things, there’s layers to this. Bear with my answer,” he explained to the media at the time. “First of all, we’re gonna honor Ohio State and Michigan. You know, that we went there, we went to Ann Arbor, we went to Columbus, and we’re gonna honor those return trips. So for the next two years, we know what our non-conference schedule is gonna look like, and that’s the right thing to do. We made the commitment to play them. Now we’ll honor that commitment for them to come play us here. I think anything beyond that is up for discussion.

“We need to take a good hard look at what our non-conference schedule looks like beyond the next two years.”

To be fair to Sark, no one would seriously argue that Texas Tech has a tougher schedule than Texas. Or even remotely close to Texas. Particularly in 2026. In fact, one ranking system has the Longhorns with the hardest schedule in the country. Obviously, that matters, and it puts him and Texas at a severe disadvantage.

The Texas Tech schedule is weak to say the least:

That said, a lowly Big 12 team, Arizona State, arguably outplayed Texas in the College Football Playoff just a few years ago. Texas Tech is clearly trying to schedule tougher teams, and finding it hard to do. Scheduling is a two-way street, after all, and many other big programs likely don’t want to risk the non-conference loss.

And the Longhorns played in the Big 12, until very recently. As one user on X noted, they went 60-61 in conference play from 2010-2022. They’re a better program now than they were then, but the “we would go undefeated in every other conference” act is getting very tiresome. Particularly when the SEC has struggled so much against other conferences in recent years. Specifically, given how Texas actually played last year.

They lost to 4-8 Florida, one of the worst Power 4 teams in the country. They beat Kentucky, another underwhelming SEC opponent, 16-13 in overtime. They needed a miraculous fourth-quarter comeback to get to overtime with woeful Mississippi State. They scored 27 points against UTEP in a 27-10 win.

By the end of the 2025 season, advanced metric system SP+ had Texas with the 13th toughest strength of schedule, and 16th best strength of record. Texas Tech had the 45th toughest schedule and third-best strength of record, because they didn’t just win games, they won them handily. Like beating a very good Utah team 34-10 on the road. And handling a top-15 caliber BYU team by a combined score of 63-14.

Regardless, Texas likely has the most expensive roster in college football. They’re arguably the richest individual program in the sport. Nobody’s going to feel sorry for them. And with how hard their schedule is, they don’t need to go anywhere near undefeated to reach the playoff anyway.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Political Signal