Connect with us

Latest

Judge tosses Michael Wolff’s lawsuit against Melania Trump, calls it ‘contorted’ and not how ‘courts work’

Published

on

A federal judge tossed journalist Michael Wolff’s lawsuit against first lady Melania Trump on Friday, calling it a “contorted” effort and “not how the federal courts work.”

Wolff sued Trump to keep her from suing him for $1 billion for alleged defamatory statements he made about her involvement with Jeffrey Epstein.

Manhattan Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil, who was appointed by President Donald Trump, claimed both Wolff and Trump had engaged in an “inappropriate level of tactical gamesmanship.”

Despite admitting that both sides have a “real dispute,” Vyskocil said she wouldn’t be “conscripted to oversee an abusively presented spat.”

DAILY BEAST APOLOGIZES TO MELANIA TRUMP OVER RETRACTED EPSTEIN ALLEGATIONS ARTICLE

The first lady’s lawyer sent Wolff a letter last year, calling on him to retract the statements he made about Trump and warning that she would have “no alternative” but to sue him if he didn’t.

That prompted him to file a state suit against her in October.

Trump’s lawyer, Alejandro Brito, had the lawsuit transferred to federal court where Vyskocil said that while federal court does have jurisdiction, she was declining to exercise it and “dismisses this case to be litigated like any other.”

HUNTER BIDEN DELIVERS PROFANITY-LACED RESPONSE TO MELANIA TRUMP’S $1B NOTICE FOR ‘DEFAMATORY’ EPSTEIN REMARKS

A Melania Trump spokesperson said Friday that the first lady “is proud to continue standing up to, and fighting against, those who spread malicious and defamatory falsehoods as they desperately try to get undeserved attention and money from their unlawful conduct.”

The 56-year-old’s lawyer previously claimed that Wolff’s statements caused her “overwhelming reputational and financial harm.”

The first lady has denied any association with Epstein, who died in jail in 2019 while awaiting trial on child sex trafficking charges.

“The lies linking me with the disgraceful Jeffrey Epstein need to end today,” the first lady said in an April press conference. “The individuals lying about me are devoid of ethical standards, humility and respect. I do not object to their ignorance, but rather I reject their mean-spirited attempts to defame my reputation.”

Wolff claimed in his lawsuit that the president and first lady “have made a practice of threatening those who speak against them” with costly legal actions “to silence their speech, to intimidate their critics generally, and to extract unjustified payments and North Korean style confessions and apologies.”

He added that some of his statements were taken out of context and some were protected speech, including a statement he made that claimed the Trumps have a  “sham marriage, trophy marriage,” that his lawsuit says was a “fair and justified” opinion.

It also said in his lawsuit that Wolff never accused the first lady of being involved with criminal activity associated with Epstein.

The Daily Beast retracted an article last summer called “Melania Trump ‘Very Involved’ in Epstein Scandal: Author,” that was based on an interview with Wolff, after the outlet received a letter from Brito.

Wolff said that in his interview, which the retracted story was based on, he claimed the first lady was managing the matter “behind the scenes” at the White House, but was not criminally involved.

Wolff has written four bestsellers about the president: “Fire and Fury,” “Siege,” “Landslide,” and “All or Nothing.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Latest

Thunder erase 15-point deficit to take series lead over Spurs as Victor Wembanyama’s 26 points fall short

Published

on

Through the first two games of the Western Conference Finals, Spurs star Victor Wembanyama has produced numbers not seen at this stage of the postseason in roughly 50 years.

As the series shifted to San Antonio for Game 3 on Friday, the French basketball phenom once again led the Spurs in scoring. But his 26-point performance was not enough to give San Antonio a 2-1 series lead over the defending champion Oklahoma City Thunder.

Reigning back-to-back NBA MVP Shai Gilgeous-Alexander matched Wembanyama with 26 points, leading Oklahoma City to a 123-108 victory.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Shortly after Game 2 on Wednesday, Spurs guard Stephon Castle acknowledged that his team is “probably most comfortable playing in front of our fans.” San Antonio quickly backed up that sentiment in Game 3, jumping out to a 15-0 lead in its first home game of the series.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Just five minutes into the contest, the Spurs held a commanding 19-4 advantage as the home crowd created a raucous atmosphere.

But Oklahoma City’s bench played a pivotal role in the comeback that ultimately gave the Thunder a critical series lead. Alex Caruso, Jaylin Williams, Jared McCain and Cason Wallace were widely credited with helping swing the game.

The Spurs took Game 1 behind 41 points and 24 rebounds from Wembanyama, and the defending champion Thunder got 30 points from Gilgeous-Alexander on the way to getting a victory in Game 2.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Latest

Low-impact routine may help adults lower blood pressure at home

Published

on

→ Ancient Chinese movement shows promise for reducing blood pressure at home

→ Finding the sleep ‘sweet spot‘ could help you live longer

→ Fitness influencer says one simple habit can help anyone get back in shape

→ New pancreatic cancer pill could reshape treatment as early results stun researchers

→ Novel obesity therapy may help preserve muscle during weight loss

→ Woman says she’s being held against her will after cruise ship hantavirus scare

Rudy Giuliani reveals he had ‘spiritual experience’ while in pneumonia-related coma

→ Hantavirus exposure risk may be higher than believed in parts of US, study finds

→ ‘Longevity gene‘ may protect the brain from Alzheimer’s by boosting DNA repair

→ Frequent museum visits tied to reduced cellular aging, research finds

CLICK HERE FOR MORE HEALTH STORIES

Continue Reading

Latest

Caitlin Clark leads Fever in scoring as Indiana secures third consecutive WNBA win

Published

on

The Indiana Fever ruled Caitlin Clark out of Wednesday’s game against the Portland Fire with a back injury less than two hours before tipoff, marking her first missed game of the season.

Indiana went on to beat the Fire 90-73, but Clark’s late scratch raised concerns about her availability for Friday’s matchup against the Golden State Valkyries.

Those concerns proved short-lived, as Clark was back in the lineup just two days later.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Clark was not listed on the Fever’s injury report Thursday, and despite missing practice the previous day, she returned to score 22 points in Indiana’s 90-82 win at Gainbridge Fieldhouse.

The 2024 WNBA Rookie of the Year also recorded nine assists, finishing just shy of a double-double.

FEVER GET WARNING FROM LEAGUE OVER CAITLIN CLARK INJURY REPORTING

In the third quarter, Clark knocked down another 3-pointer from well beyond the arc.

Fever center Aliyah Boston finished second in scoring Friday night with 20 points and 16 rebounds, recording a double-double.

The Fever and Valkyries will switch venues when they meet again Thursday in San Francisco.

A string of injuries sidelined Clark in 2025, limiting the NCAA’s all-time scoring leader to 13 games in her second WNBA season. The injury woes last year included a groin strain followed by an ankle bone bruise.

Also on Thursday, Clark unveiled the cover art of her upcoming children’s picture book, “EXTRAordinary! A Little EXTRA to Reach BIG Dreams.”

The book, which is scheduled for release in November, draws from Clark’s life — one she said is “like few others.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Political Signal