Latest
‘Knots Landing’ star Donna Mills says she won’t ‘be quiet’ after critic targeted her makeup at age 85
“Knot’s Landing” star Donna Mills is doubling down after she went viral for her defiant response to a critic who took aim at her appearance.
Last month, the 85-year-old actress ignited a social media firestorm when she shared a video addressing an Instagram user’s comment that she wears “too much makeup for your age.”
In the clip, Mills first appeared in her usual full-glam style before briefly transforming into stereotypical elderly woman with gray hair, pearls and wire-rimmed glasses.
“Did you want me to look like this?” she asked with a chuckle. “Sorry, not sorry.”
‘KNOTS LANDING’ STAR DONNA MILLS HITS BACK AFTER CRITIC SAYS SHE WEARS ‘TOO MUCH MAKEUP’ FOR HER AGE
The clip cut back to Mills in her previous chic look as she said, “I like the way I look. This is my style, and style doesn’t have an expiration date.”
Mills’ video quickly spread across social media, garnering over 125,000 likes and winning praise in the comments from fans and celebrities, including Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer, Kyle Richardson, Elizabeth Berkley, Nancy Sinatra and Dawn Robinson among others.
On Tuesday, Mills made an appearance on the Tamron Hall Show to discuss her viral moment as the TV host noted that the actress’s video had racked up over 1.8 million views.
JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT SLAMS AGEISM IN HOLLYWOOD, SAYS ‘IT’S HURTFUL’ TO FEEL REJECTED
While explaining why she decided to respond to the critic, Mills pointed out that the comment was about more than just her appearance.
“I don’t get those comments a lot, but when I do, it’s like, ‘Who is this person? What do they think about women?'” Mills said.
“It’s not just about me,” she continued. “It’s about women in general and the way women feel about themselves, right?
APP USERS CLICK HERE TO VIEW POST
‘BEWITCHED’ ACTRESS ERIN MURPHY POSTS BAREFACED PHOTO TO SHUT DOWN PERSISTENT FACELIFT RUMORS
“So that’s why I wanted to shout back at them and say, ‘Wait a minute. No, no, I don’t accept that.’ And I’m not going to be quiet about it,” Mills added.
Mills recalled being “totally surprised” by the viral reaction but appreciative that her message about aging and confidence struck a chord.
“I was just grateful that people were hearing,” she said. “Because I’ve really feel like I have something to say to women. I want to say something to women and I want to help.”
‘LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE’ STAR MELISSA GILBERT ‘HAD TO LEAVE LOS ANGELES’ TO AGE GRACEFULLY
Addressing the broader conversation sparked by Mills’ video, Hall asked, “With all of these empowering messages, why do people still feel so comfortable telling women how they should dress and look at a certain age?”
“It just seems to me that they have been hearing it for many years,” Mills responded. “And it’s a new age now. It’s a new time. We’re living longer.”
MARTHA STEWART SHARES 7 TIPS FOR AGING WELL: ‘LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD, BE GOOD’
“We’re healthier,” she continued. “We can be healthier “So, this isn’t like the end. You don’t hit 70 or 75 or 80 and it’s over.”
“No, it’s just a new time.”
The “Play Misty for Me” star underscored the link between self-image and personal happiness, saying, “I really feel like when you look good and you know you look good, you feel good, right?”
Mills shared that she also experiences moments of self-doubt after Hall asked her how she maintains her self-confidence in a “business that is not forgiving to women and aging.”
“When I look in the mirror, I see everything that’s wrong,” Mills admitted.
“So then, how can you tell us to see what’s right?” Hall asked.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
“Well, I fix it,” Mills said to laughter from the audience.
Earlier this month, Mills reacted to becoming a social media sensation in a post she shared on Instagram.
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
“If you told me at 85 I’d be going viral on social media, I wouldn’t have believed you…but here we are,” she wrote alongside a screenshot of an article about her video.
“I’ve spent a lifetime speaking up and speaking out, and I’ve always believed it lands best with a wink, not a jab,” she added. I’m so glad this moment found its audience exactly as intended.”
Mills rose to fame when she starred as the scheming divorcee Abby Cunningham in the long-running soap opera “Knots Landing” from 1980 to 1989. Abby was known for her glamorous makeup, styled blonde hair and power-dressing wardrobe.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
The actress will next be seen starring as Dr. Karen Carden in Terrance Tykeem’s upcoming thriller “Abused,” which follows “what happens when six survivors of abuse are re-traumatized by a madman.” “Abused” is slated to be released this summer.
Latest
America Might Want To Re-Think The Whole ‘Hating Soccer’ Thing After Seeing Sam Sarver’s Epic Beer Chug
Latest
Arkansas man allegedly threatened Walmart mass shooting over hantavirus lockdown fears, authorities say
An Arkansas man was arrested after allegedly threatening to carry out a mass shooting at his local Walmart if the country went into lockdown over the hantavirus outbreak, authorities said.
Aaron Bynum, 20, of Oakland, was arrested Friday for allegedly making the threats, according to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.
He was charged with first-degree terroristic threatening and harassing communications.
Officials said the arrest followed an investigation into online threats allegedly made by Bynum on May 9.
The FBI’s National Threat Operations Center received an electronic tip from an individual playing an online video game who alleged another player threatened to carry out a mass shooting at a local Walmart “if the country were locked down again due to the Hantavirus.”
Authorities said the reporting individual provided the player’s gamer username along with an in-game recording of the alleged threats.
Investigators said they subpoenaed the game’s parent company, which identified Bynum as the owner of the account.
The FBI’s Fayetteville Field Office then alerted the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, and authorities executed a search warrant at Bynum’s residence Friday.
Investigators said they seized Bynum’s computer and related accessories.
Authorities said Bynum was taken into custody without incident and booked into the Marion County Detention Center on a $2,500 bond.
CRUISE SHIP PASSENGER DESCRIBES UNCERTAINTY AFTER 3 DEATHS AMID HANTAVIRUS PROBE
The hantavirus outbreak tied to the MV Hondius cruise ship has sickened multiple people aboard the vessel, with WHO reporting as of May 13 that all cases then identified were passengers.
As of May 13, the World Health Organization said 11 cases had been identified in connection with the outbreak, including eight confirmed cases, two probable cases and one inconclusive case. Three deaths had also been linked to the outbreak, and WHO assessed the risk to the global population as low.
Canadian health officials on Sunday confirmed that one of four Canadians who returned from the MV Hondius tested positive for the virus. The Associated Press reported that the Canadian case brought the number of confirmed infections tied to the ship to 10, updating the earlier WHO count from May 13.
While the outbreak has sparked comparisons to the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News senior medical analyst Dr. Marc Siegel previously told Fox News Digital there is “no comparison,” noting hantavirus is difficult to spread.
The CDC says Andes virus, the strain confirmed in the MV Hondius outbreak, is the only hantavirus documented to spread from person to person, though such transmission is rare and generally requires close, prolonged contact with a symptomatic person.
“It’s not airborne … in terms of respiratory droplets hanging in the air,” he said. “It’s very difficult to transmit.”
Fox News Digital’s Angelica Stabile contributed to this report.
Latest
‘Clock Is Ticking’ for Iran to Accept a Deal, Trump Warns: ‘Get Moving, FAST, or There Won’t Be Anything Left’
President Donald Trump warned Sunday that the “clock is ticking” for Iran to strike a deal to bring the conflict to an end, urging Tehran to move quickly toward an agreement as he warned the regime risks being “hit badly” if negotiations continue to stall amid mounting questions over whether diplomacy can prevent renewed fighting.
The post ‘Clock Is Ticking’ for Iran to Accept a Deal, Trump Warns: ‘Get Moving, FAST, or There Won’t Be Anything Left’ appeared first on Breitbart.
-
Latest1 month agoVance Leaves Meeting, Looks Straight Into Camera, Announces Stunning Arrest
-
News1 month agoAdam Schiff Facing 30 Years In Prison After Bank Records Leak
-
Latest1 month agoSupreme Curt Sides With Trump — He Can Remove The All
-
News1 month agoAll Hell Breaks Loose On Fox When Jesse Watters Asks Fetterman One Question
-
News1 month agoNBC Stops LIVE Broadcast — Breaks Big Trump News
-
News1 month agoSwalwell Facing Jail Time After Sickening New Video Leaks
-
Latest1 month agoTrump Pulls Off Miracle Of A Lifetime — It’s Permanently Open
-
Latest1 month agoUT Judge Drops Bombshell In Charlie Kirk Killer Case
