Latest
Thomas Massie Goes Down To Trump-Backed Foe After Groups Went Deep In Their Pockets To Oust Him
Latest
WATCH: Aircraft Engine Falls Off Moments Before Fatal Crash
Latest
Pentagon cuts Brigade Combat Teams in Europe as Trump pressures NATO on spending
The Pentagon announced Tuesday it is reducing the number of Brigade Combat Teams (BCTs) stationed in Europe from four to three as the Trump administration presses NATO allies to increase defense spending.
The decision comes after President Donald Trump repeatedly said European countries should contribute more to their own defense while relying less on the United States. It also follows the Pentagon’s recent decision to halt a planned rotation of roughly 4,000 U.S. troops to Poland.
While the War Department did not specify the number of troops affected, a BCT typically consists of about 4,400 to 4,700 soldiers. Officials said the move would return troop levels in Europe to those seen in 2021.
“This decision was the result of a comprehensive, multilayered process focused on U.S. force posture in Europe,” the Pentagon said in a statement.
TRUMP TROOP CUTS IN EUROPE COULD BE BLOCKED BY CONGRESS — HERE’S HOW HE MIGHT GET AROUND IT
The department said the move would temporarily delay the deployment of U.S. forces to Poland, which it described as “a model U.S. ally.”
“The Department will determine the final disposition of these and other U.S. forces in Europe based on further analysis of U.S. strategic and operational requirements, as well as our allies’ own ability to contribute forces toward Europe’s defense,” the statement said.
“This analysis is designed to advance President Trump’s America First agenda in Europe and other theaters, including by incentivizing and enabling our NATO allies to take primary responsibility for Europe’s conventional defense,” it added.
POLAND CALLS ON US TO PLACE NUKES WITHIN ITS BORDERS AMID RUSSIA THREAT
War Secretary Pete Hegseth spoke Tuesday with Polish Deputy Prime Minister Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz, the Pentagon said, adding that the U.S. would remain in close contact with Polish officials throughout the review process.
“Poland has shown both the ability and resolve to defend itself,” the department said. “Other NATO allies should follow suit.”
The announcement came after Reuters reported Tuesday that the Trump administration plans to inform NATO allies this week that the United States would reduce the military capabilities available to support Europe during a major conflict, citing sources familiar with the matter.
EUROPEAN LEADERS ON EDGE AS PROSPECT LOOMS OF TRUMP PULLING 20K TROOPS FROM CONTINENT
The move also comes days after the Pentagon halted a planned rotation of approximately 4,000 U.S. Army troops to Poland, sparking concern in Warsaw and criticism from U.S. lawmakers.
The affected unit, the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, had been scheduled to deploy to Poland and other eastern flank positions as part of a routine nine-month NATO rotation.
Around 10,000 U.S. troops are typically stationed in Poland, most serving on rotational deployments lasting several months. Because the American military presence in Poland relies heavily on those rotations, the halted deployment raised concerns among Polish officials.
POLISH GOVERNMENT PLANS MANDATORY MILITARY TRAINING FOR ADULT MEN
Poland’s deputy defense minister said Warsaw plans to press U.S. officials in the coming days over the Pentagon’s decision.
“We will ask questions and I guess that we will get answers,” Polish Deputy Defense Minister Paweł Zalewski previously told Fox News Digital in an interview ahead of meetings in Washington with Pentagon officials and members of Congress.
Polish officials have continued describing the country as a “model ally” within NATO and said they expect military cooperation with the United States to continue expanding.
Fox News Digital’s Efrat Lachter and Morgan Phillips contributed to this report.
Latest
Kentucky physician advances to general election after receiving glowing Trump endorsement: ‘True friend’
Ralph Alvarado, a Kentucky state senator, advanced to the general election Tuesday evening to be Rep. Andy Barr’s, R-Ky., potential successor shortly after receiving an endorsement from President Donald Trump.
Alvarado, who has positioned himself as a pro-Trump, America First candidate, strengthens the president’s record of endorsements in a state that’s produced a handful of the administration’s most vocal critics within his party.
Amid frustrations with Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., and Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., Trump praised Alvarado’s alignment in his endorsement message.
TRUMP STIRS GOP PRIMARY DRAMA WITH VISIT TO MASSIE’S KENTUCKY HOME TURF
“A true friend to MAGA, RALPH HAS BEEN WITH US FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!” Trump said in a post to social media on Monday.
The president noted Alvarado’s efforts to turn out Hispanic voters in 2016 as a member of the National Hispanic Advisory Council for Trump.
“Dr. Ralph Alvarado has my complete and total endorsement to be the next representative from Kentucky’s 6th congressional District,” Trump added.
Alvarado has a background in healthcare, working as a physician for nearly 30 years, according to his online biography. He embarked on a political career in 2014 when he ran for the Kentucky General Assembly, becoming its first Hispanic member.
KENTUCKY SENATE RACE FOR MCCONNELL’S SEAT HEATS UP
In his campaign materials, Alvarado also highlighted his consistent support of the president.
“In Kentucky, a triple crown is rare,” Alvarado said in a video. “But so is a triple-Trump. 2016, 2020 and 2024 — I stood with President Trump every single time. And in Congress, I’ll stand with him again.”
Although Alvarado must still win the general election, his district has leaned heavily Republican in the past. Its incumbent, Barr, last won reelection in 2024 in a 63% to 37% victory over Democratic challenger Randy Cravens.
Barr, who has represented Kentucky’s 6th congressional district since 2013, is pursuing a seat in the U.S. Senate to fill the vacancy of outgoing former Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
McConnell, 84, is retiring.
-
Latest1 month agoVance Leaves Meeting, Looks Straight Into Camera, Announces Stunning Arrest
-
News1 month agoAdam Schiff Facing 30 Years In Prison After Bank Records Leak
-
Latest1 month agoSupreme Curt Sides With Trump — He Can Remove The All
-
News1 month agoAll Hell Breaks Loose On Fox When Jesse Watters Asks Fetterman One Question
-
News1 month agoNBC Stops LIVE Broadcast — Breaks Big Trump News
-
News1 month agoSwalwell Facing Jail Time After Sickening New Video Leaks
-
Latest1 month agoTrump Pulls Off Miracle Of A Lifetime — It’s Permanently Open
-
Latest1 month agoUT Judge Drops Bombshell In Charlie Kirk Killer Case
