Connect with us

Latest

Jon Stewart rages over Trump ‘slush fund’ for allies’ legal battles as another ‘F— you troll’

Published

on

Talk show host Jon Stewart fumed on Wednesday over President Donald Trump’s “anti-weaponization” fund, arguing it is latest move to “troll” the American people and take their money.

Democrats and even Republican allies have balked at Trump’s nearly $1.8 billion “anti-weaponization” fund as concerns over where the money comes from and who gets it ripple through the Capitol. The Department of Justice (DOJ) announced the $1.78 billion fund earlier this week in a deal struck between Trump and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to drop his $10 billion lawsuit.

Stewart took questions on Wednesday’s episode of his podcast, and was asked whether he would prefer to vote for former President Richard Nixon or Trump.

The talk show host said he would undoubtedly prefer Nixon “if only to get the EPA” and joked he would be seen as a communist by modern Republicans.

APOLOGIES AND CASH HEADED TO ALLEGED ‘WEAPONIZATION’ VICTIMS IN BILLION-DOLLAR TRUMP SETTLEMENT

“Yeah Watergate is cute now,” a co-host said, suggesting Nixon’s scandal looks tame compared to Trump’s controversies.

Stewart said he had a murky memory of a purported slush fund scandal amid Nixon’s presidency, but said it was petty in comparison to the one Trump is pushing.

“But think about that in comparison to $1.8 billion of taxpayer money, at least I think Nixon’s slush fund was donors!” he said. “This is f—ing OUR money. I mean, it’s– do we even have a Congress or a court?”

After a co-host noted the $1.776 billion appears to be a tongue-in-cheek reference the nation’s founding in 1776, Stewart argues the whole situation is Orwellian.

“It’s all Orwell. It’s all a ‘f— you’ troll. Everything they’re doing is a ‘f— you’ troll to us. ‘This is against the weaponization of it and it’s patriotic.’ They’re trolling us. His entire career is a troll,” he said. Stewart went on to lament, “They’re going to give it to people that sprayed MACE at police officers and pretend that they’re rewarding patriotism.”

TRUMP ADMIN PUSHES BACK ON ‘SLUSH FUND’ ATTACKS AGAINST ANTI-WEAPONIZATION FUND AND LAYS OUT WHO QUALIFIES

He went on to argue that the Trump administration is like a viral form of theft that has been commonly seen on social media.

“You know what it reminds me of? You ever see those videos where like, a horde of teens flies into, like, a CVS and just starts taking s—?” he asked, “and everybody’s just standing around, like, ‘Is anybody going to call somebody or are we just going to-‘ like, that’s what we are.”

“The Trump administration is a smash and grab on the American public, on the taxpayer,” he concluded. “It is the most corrupt, just utterly unsheathed, unleashed on us, and they are just grabbing whatever they can and pretending that it’s remuneration for some victimhood that they faced that’s all fictitious. It’s nonsense. Wild. Smash and grab.”

Fox News Digital reached out to the White House and did not receive immediate reply.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE COVERAGE OF MEDIA AND CULTURE

Fox News’ Alex miller contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Latest

Rep. Tom Kean Jr. says he expects to return to Congress ‘in the next couple of weeks’ after missing 100 votes

Published

on

Rep. Tom Kean Jr. breaks silence on extended absence, says he anticipates returning to Congress and the campaign trail in the next couple of weeks.
Continue Reading

Latest

Reigning MVP Matthew Stafford locks in extension with Rams worth up to $60M with incentives

Published

on

There was no doubt Matthew Stafford would be returning for the 2026 season after saying so during his 2025 MVP Award acceptance speech, but the Los Angeles Rams officially reached an agreement on an extension with their starting quarterback on Thursday.

Stafford and the Rams agreed to a one-year extension, the team announced on Thursday. The extension is worth $55 million, and it can go as high as $60 million with incentives, according to ESPN.

He now has two years and up to $105 million remaining on his contract with the Rams.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Stafford had one more year remaining on his two-year, $84 million deal he signed with Los Angeles before the 2025 season, but inking this extension shows the 38-year-old’s desire to play past this upcoming campaign.

It’s clear Stafford still has more in the tank for his career after tallying 4,707 passing yards and 46 touchdowns in his MVP season a year ago.

RAMS COACH SEAN MCVAY EXPLAINS WHY HE LOOKED UNHAPPY AFTER THE TEAM SURPRISINGLY SELECTED TY SIMPSON

This year, Stafford will turn 39 one week before Super Bowl LXI, which just so happens to be set for the Rams’ home stadium, SoFi Stadium. It’s also where Stafford helped deliver the Rams their most recent Super Bowl title during the 2021 season.

Stafford will be entering his 18th season in the NFL, his sixth with the Rams since he was traded by the Detroit Lions prior to the 2021 season.

Detroit made Stafford the No. 1 overall pick out of Georgia in 2009, and he spent 12 years with the franchise before their blockbuster trade, which involved their current starting quarterback, Jared Goff.

And while Stafford is now set through the 2027 season, the Rams clearly thought about their quarterback future this offseason, adding Alabama’s Ty Simpson with the 13th overall pick. It’s widely viewed that Simpson will learn behind Stafford, and ultimately become his successor.

Stafford’s mindset was clear for the 2026 season, telling everyone at the NFL Honors, “I’ll see you guys next year.”

But the future Hall of Famer seems to want another year added to that clock, focused on continuing his run with Rams head coach Sean McVay.

Continue Reading

Latest

Logan Paul’s WWE success as an outsider ‘messed it up’ for everyone else, Austin Theory says

Published

on

Austin Theory and Logan Paul have one of their biggest tests as world tag team champions this weekend as they defend their titles against The Street Profits at Saturday Night’s Main Event.

Theory and Paul are members of The Vision – the top faction on “Monday Night Raw” featuring the future of the WWE. Bron Breakker may be the in-ring leader of the group as he made a thunderous return to the roster at WrestleMania 42 and then defeated Seth Rollins at Backlash. Theory and Paul are the ones with the gold while Paul Heyman is the mouthpiece for the next generation of superstars.

With the tag team title around his waist, Paul has now held gold twice in WWE since making his debut with the company in 2021. Paul has the tools that any pro wrestler dreams of – the athletic prowess in the ring coupled with immense heat from the crowd along with his skills on the mic.

Theory told Fox News Digital that Paul’s rise in the WWE has made it tougher for any outsider to come in and have success, suggesting the YouTube sensation has set the bar enormously high.

LOGAN PAUL’S JAW-DROPPING SPRINGBOARD MOONSAULT WOW FANS AT WWE MONEY IN THE BANK

“I say with Logan Paul, with his athletic ability and his skills in wrestling and how he’s been able to just develop it so quick,” he said. “It’s impressive to me – somebody who’s wanted to be in WWE since I was eight, started training at 18, signed with the WWE at 22 and took that longer path. But I have to give Logan his respect. This is a dude, as a young kid, started with YouTube and streaming and pretty much – dude created YouTube. He put it on the map, his whole streaming thing.

“Kind of both of us building our dreams in different ways and kind of meeting in the middle. I just think he kinda just messed it up for everybody on the outside that wants to come into WWE and thinks like, ‘Oh wow, this is easy. Like, I can pick up a mic and talk trash and I can do these cool moves off the ropes like Logan Paul,’ but you can’t. There’s an art to it. Logan Paul is exceptional on the mic. In the ring, he does things even highflyers we have in WWE couldn’t even do. He’s just a phenomenal athlete. When it comes to me and Logan Paul, we’re freaks of nature. That’s why I say we’re gonna motivate everybody this Saturday at Saturday Night’s Main Event in Fort Wayne.”

The Vision, which also includes an injured Bronson Reed, is under the tutelage of Heyman, who has been a “wiseman” and an “advocate” for many young talents in WWE.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Theory had the utmost confidence that Heyman was sending him and his stablemates in the right direction.

“With Paul Heyman, you know, this history with him having Brock Lesnar, having Roman Reigns, CM Punk, Seth Rollins – you know, before he realized he was a loser,” he said. “Paul Heyman, man, he’s the ‘wiseman.’ I think anything that comes out of his mouth is gold and especially kind of molding The Vision and sending us in the right direction. I couldn’t ask for more. It’s just sitting under the knowledge tree of history. He’s from back in the 80s to present day. The dude’s done it all. I’m very grateful for the wiseman, Paul Heyman.”

Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins will challenge for the tag titles. The two returned to “Monday Night Raw” after WrestleMania 42 after a prolonged absence.

Theory gave them credit where credit is due. They are three-time WWE tag champions and won the tag titles at NXT and Evolve. However, Theory made clear that Ford and Dawkins are running into “the greatest tag team champions of the world.”

“Well, the Street Profits. They’ve been in the WWE a very long time,” he said. “Feels like too long, like 60 years. I do realize every time I have a title, they’re around, which makes sense because they’re irrelevant and I’m relevant. But not to push them too low down, they’re very athletic, they have a great resume. But it’s just that comparison to Austin Theory and Logan Paul – The Vision. The greatest tag team champions of the world, of the universe. You can’t really compare.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

“Unfortunately, yes, I said unfortunately, the show is in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I look at this match as more of a big motivational moment for those people because they’re gonna see two guys that don’t look like anybody from Fort Wayne. We look like freaking superheroes. We’re really there to inspire everybody and then after the match, get the hell out of there.”

Saturday Night’s Main Event will take place Saturday in Fort Wayne, Indiana, much to Theory’s chagrin. And, it’s a loaded card.

Aside from the tag team title match, read below for how the rest of the card looks.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Political Signal