Connect with us

Latest

Livvy Dunne drops F-bombs as she watches Paul Skenes give up homer on third pitch

Published

on

Livvy Dunne expressed the same sentiment as every other Pittsburgh Pirates fan on Saturday when she saw Toronto Blue Jays star George Springer launch a Paul Skenes pitch into left field on his third pitch of the game.

“F—,” she was seen mouthing twice as she sat in the Rogers Centre to cheer on her man.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

It was a tough one for Dunne to sit through as the Blue Jays hammered their way through Skenes and the Pirates.

It was much of the same from the defending American League champions. Toronto tagged one of MLB’s best pitchers for four runs in only five innings of work. Skenes threw 98 pitches, allowed nine hits and only struck out two batters.

Skenes expressed disappointment with his execution during the 5-2 loss.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

“There was good and bad,” Skenes said, via MLB.com. “(I) need to get ahead in counts. I wasn’t super unhappy with some of the execution on some of the pitches, but could have executed a number of them better.”

Skenes has thrown back-to-back duds in one of the worst stretches of his career. Last week, Skenes was lit up for five runs in five innings on six hits against the Philadelphia Phillies. He did manage to strike out seven batters but got no run support.

“I think in every start, there’s a little bit of that cat-and-mouse game,” he added. “At the end of the day, just got to get ahead of guys.”

He has made 11 starts so far this season and has a 3.00 ERA with 65 strikeouts.

Pittsburgh is sitting at .500 for the season so far with a record of 26-26.

Continue Reading

Latest

Piece of theme park history vanishes as Universal demolishes a cherished attraction

Published

on

More than 25 years after it debuted as one of Universal Orlando’s most iconic themed lands, the Lost Continent is beginning a phased closure at Islands of Adventure.

Demolition work has started inside the aging land. Footage from a local station’s news helicopter showed an excavator positioned next to a pile of rubble, according to multiple reports.

“In the coming months, venues and experiences within Lost Continent will permanently close in phases to make way for a new themed area,” a Universal Orlando spokesperson told Fox News Digital.

SIX FLAGS GUESTS STRANDED 245 FEET IN AIR AFTER POWER OUTAGE FORCES COASTER EVACUATION

“This will include the closure of Mythos Restaurant in 2027,” a statement also noted.

The Lost Continent opened with Islands of Adventure in 1999, helping to define the park’s early identity with mythology-inspired architecture, towering stone facades and elaborate storytelling rooted in ancient legends.

For years, it served as one of the resort’s most atmospheric lands, blending fantasy adventure, cutting-edge effects and live entertainment, according to Universal Orlando.

The area was also home to several fan-favorite attractions.

ICONIC SECTIONS OF DISNEY WORLD CLOSING DOWN AND DISAPPEARING BEFORE VISITORS’ EYES

The Dueling Dragons roller coasters — later re-themed as Dragon Challenge after the arrival of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter — were among the resort’s most iconic thrill rides.

They were famous for their intertwined layouts, synchronized dispatches and near-miss elements, per Universal Orlando and Wizarding World history pages.

Poseidon’s Fury was another signature attraction, drawing crowds with dramatic water tunnel effects, bursts of fire and live actors.

But over the last 15 years, Universal has steadily chipped away at the land.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE LIFESTYLE STORIES

In 2010, the Dueling Dragons coasters were re-themed as Dragon Challenge as part of the neighboring Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion, according to Universal Orlando.

That attraction ultimately closed in 2017 to make way for Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, now one of the resort’s most popular rides.

The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad, a stunt-heavy live show, said goodbye in 2018. 

Poseidon’s Fury closed in 2023, according to Universal Orlando’s retired attractions page.

Mythos Restaurant is expected to remain open through 2027 as part of Universal’s phased closure plan, according to the company press release.

“Universal Orlando Resort is continuing its unprecedented momentum as it prepares for a slate of compelling new guest offerings across the destination, ranging from new themed areas to delicious eateries,” the resort said in a release shared with Fox News Digital.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER

Universal announced the resort’s Horror Make-Up Show at Universal Studios Florida is temporarily closed to prepare for what the company calls a “reimagined experience.”

The updated production “will showcase a mix of classic and modern horror properties along with shockingly fun surprises.

Hogwarts Castle at Islands of Adventure has seen ongoing maintenance and refurbishment work in recent years, according to Orlando Informer.

Universal Orlando will debut Fast & Furious: Hollywood Drift in 2027, a high-speed roller coaster based on the blockbuster movies, the press release noted.

The demolition drew mixed reactions from Universal visitors.

“Glad it’s finally happening because it’s needed it. I mean, the two attractions have been closed for 8 years and 3 years,” one Reddit user said.

But many fans were sad to see Lost Continent go.

“Goodbye, Lost Continent, you will always be my favorite show,” said one TikTok user.

TEST YOURSELF WITH OUR LATEST LIFESTYLE QUIZ

“RIP, Lost Continent. Thank you for everything,” another said.

A third TikTok user chimed in with these words: “The end of an era.”

Continue Reading

Latest

Omar faces mounting scrutiny after fraud ringleader sentenced to 41 years

Published

on

Convicted Feeding Our Future ringleader Aimee Bock alleged Rep. Ilhan Omar likely knew about the $250 million pandemic meal fraud scheme in Minnesota, which the congresswoman denies.
Continue Reading

Latest

‘Wasteful distraction’: Experts slam Mamdani’s taxpayer-funded grocery stores

Published

on

Economists and local grocers warn NYC Mayor Mamdani’s plan for city-owned supermarkets could crush small businesses while sticking taxpayers with the bill.
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Political Signal