Connect with us

Latest

Todd Monken says Shedeur Sanders has ‘come miles’ as Browns quarterback competition heats up

Published

on

Shedeur Sanders’ new head coach likes what he’s seen from the quarterback heading into his second NFL season with the Cleveland Browns.

Todd Monken has been peppered with questions about his quarterbacks depth chart since taking the Browns’ head coaching job, which Kevin Stefanski used to have with the franchise.

Sanders, whom the Browns took in the fifth round of last year’s NFL Draft, is usually in those questions, as media and fans alike are curious what’s in store for him after closing out the 2025 campaign as the team’s starting quarterback. However, a new coach means new thinking about every position.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Monken, though, spoke to Sanders’ development on Wednesday, where he said he’s seeing a player who has already “come a long way.”

“I think Shedeur’s come miles, in terms of his progressions, getting the ball out, his understanding of concepts. I think he’s really, really come a long way,” Monken told reporters, via ESPN.

BROWNS GM ANDREW BERRY WON’T COMMIT TO SHEDEUR SANDERS AS 2026 STARTER DESPITE ROOKIE’S PROGRESS

After the Browns went with Joe Flacco to start the season, then Dillon Gabriel when Flacco was traded to the Cincinnati Bengals, Sanders finally got a shot against the Las Vegas Raiders. He won his first-ever start in the NFL, and Stefanski named him starter the remainder of the season.

But Sanders and Deshaun Watson, who’s back from injury heading into 2026, have continued to take split first-team reps during team drills at the Browns’ second OTA practice.

Watson, whose tenure in Cleveland has been the exact opposite of what the team had hoped for when they traded for and signed him to a massive contract in 2022. It was a fully guaranteed $230 million over five years, but he tore his Achilles in October 2024 and didn’t play at all in 2025.

Still, back on the gridiron, Monken said that “Deshaun’s athleticism shows up.”

“Obviously he’s had that, but he’s had injuries that have set him back. I wouldn’t say it’s a surprise, but it’s exciting to see – it’s a weapon for him. It’s one of his superpowers, his athleticism.”

The Browns still have Gabriel, as well as rookie Taylen Green, on their depth chart ahead of the season. But it’s clear the competition starts with Watson and Sanders with training camp set for July.

Monken won’t be rushing to any conclusion at the position, but he does wish to name a starter by the beginning of training camp.

“You’d love to have it at every position at the end of spring, but you can’t guarantee that,” Monken said.

Until then, Sanders and the rest of the Browns’ roster will look to impress their new coach.  

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Continue Reading

Latest

Bryson DeChambeau thinks the original moon landing video is fake: ‘I don’t know about the footage’

Published

on

Bryson DeChambeau is one of the world’s best golfers, has a widely beloved and popular YouTube channel, and has been one of the most committed adopters of science and technology in the sport.

But an astronomer, he is not.

DeChambeau joined “The Katie Miller podcast” show this week, covering a wide variety of topics. He spoke about his aspirations of reaching the Golf Hall of Fame, dating, the mental side of golf, and his experiences playing with President Donald Trump.

LIV GOLF STAR BRYSON DECHAMBEAU REVEALS SPACE ASPIRATIONS WHILE TAKING IN SPACEX ROCKET LAUNCH

Oh, and his thoughts on whether we’ve been to the moon and conspiracy theories. That’s where things went a bit, well, off the rails for DeChambeau.

While he didn’t quite fully commit to saying we haven’t been entirely, saying he trusts Elon Musk’s word when it comes to the original Apollo mission in 1969, he did say he doesn’t believe the famous footage of Neil Armstrong and other astronauts walking on the lunar surface is real.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

“Look, Elon says we’ve definitely gone [to the moon],” he said. “So I tend to go that route, because he’s the man that knows quite a bit about all that.”

“I don’t think the footage is real,” he continued. “But I think we did go to the moon. I don’t know about the footage. It’s quite wild.”

We did, in fact, go to the moon, and despite conspiracy theories to the contrary, the footage of the moon landing is also real. Maybe what DeChambeau is trying to say is that he believes we got to the moon eventually, even if it wasn’t in 1969. But that’s equally wrong.

Bryson’s become one of the most fascinating and interesting personalities in golf, and he’s clearly a very smart guy who’s taken his career to the next level by using data and information to maximize his abilities. But even he apparently can’t escape the pull of moon landing conspiracies. Who knows, if Elon gets his way, maybe he’ll be able to take a trip there himself one day soon.

Continue Reading

Latest

Feds say Arizona suspect vandalized ICE facility and attempted to ignite lobby area

Published

on

An Arizona man is facing federal charges after prosecutors said he vandalized and attempted to set fire to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility by using a propane tank and torch to ignite materials inside the building.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Arizona said Gerardo Mendoza-Acoltzi of Avondale was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of malicious damage to federal property and willful depredation against property of the United States.

Court documents claim Mendoza-Acoltzi broke a window at the ICE property before attempting to ignite the building just after 1 a.m. on Feb. 21, 2026.

Federal authorities said surveillance video showed Mendoza-Acoltzi arriving at the facility shortly before midnight and unloading a propane tank near the front entrance. Prosecutors said he later returned, smashed a lobby window with the propane tank and used a torch connected to the tank to ignite window shades inside the building.

FBI INVESTIGATES CRIMINAL DAMAGE TO FEDERAL ICE WAREHOUSE FACILITY IN ARIZONA

Investigators also alleged Mendoza-Acoltzi arranged rocks outside the facility to spell an anti-ICE message before leaving the area.

Federal prosecutors said Mendoza-Acoltzi was arrested May 7 and made his initial appearance in federal court shortly afterward.

Fox News previously reported that the FBI was investigating “significant criminal damage” at the federal ICE warehouse facility after vandals targeted the property with anti-law enforcement graffiti and damaged windows.

FBI OPENS INVESTIGATION AFTER DRIVER ALLEGEDLY RAMS ICE VEHICLE DURING ARIZONA TRAFFIC STOP ATTEMPT

If convicted, Mendoza-Acoltzi could face years in federal prison. Attempted arson of federal property carries a potential sentence of up to 20 years behind bars, while depredation against U.S. property also carries additional penalties.

Federal officials have increasingly warned about threats and attacks targeting immigration enforcement facilities and personnel amid heightened tensions surrounding border security and deportation operations.

The Arizona case comes amid heightened concerns over threats targeting immigration enforcement and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) facilities nationwide.

‘COWARDLY’ RIOTER THREW ROCK, SET FIRE TO ICE SUB-OFFICE IN WASHINGTON STATE: DHS

Days before the Arizona incident, state and federal authorities launched an investigation into an attempted arson attack at a DHS office building in Meridian, Idaho.

The suspect allegedly stole an ambulance from a bay at St. Luke’s West hospital, drove it through a parking lot and retrieved gas cans that had been staged in nearby vegetation, according to Meridian Police Chief Tracy Basterrechea.

The suspect then drove the ambulance into the North Portico building, which houses DHS offices, Basterrechea said at the time.

FEDERAL CHARGES FILED AGAINST ARIZONA TESLA ARSON SUSPECT, AG BONDI PROMISES ‘NO NEGOTIATING’

Investigators believe the suspect poured an accelerant inside and around the outside of the ambulance but was unable to ignite it before being interrupted by responding officers.

“There has been a lot of rhetoric surrounding the Department of Homeland Security leasing office space at this location,” Basterrechea said. “Comments on social media, such as ‘property damage isn’t violence,’ is absolutely false. This was absolutely an act of violence, and if the suspect had not been interrupted, there is no doubt this building would have been burned, putting the lives of first responders and others at risk.”

The charges against Mendoza-Acoltzi are allegations, and he is presumed innocent unless proven guilty in court.

Fox News Digital’s Alexandra Koch contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Latest

Las Vegas school district sued for allegedly expelling student for pro-ICE signs deemed racist

Published

on

A Las Vegas school district is being sued for alleged First Amendment violations after it expelled a student who placed pro-law enforcement signs on campus.

The complaint, first reported by The Las Vegas Review-Journal, was filed in the U.S. District Court for Nevada on May 14. It alleges N.C., a minor, was disciplined after he placed six pro-law enforcement emblems around East Career and Technical Academy in January, one day after students walked out of class to protest Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

The emblems allegedly included the school’s Titans logo with the words “ICE Immigration Enforcement,” “Border Security Academy Deportation Force,” and “Titans ICE.”

The complaint was filed on behalf of N.C. by his father, George Crossman, and names the Clark County School District, East Career and Technical Academy, Superintendent Jhone Ebert, East Career and Technical Academy Principal Natasha LeRutte and Assistant Principal Thomas Smith as defendants.

FIRST GRADE STUDENT DISCIPLINED OVER BLACK LIVES MATTER DRAWING DOES HAVE FREE SPEECH RIGHTS, COURT RULES

School administrators allegedly removed the 2-by-2-inch emblems before the first bell. N.C. was questioned and suspended the following day before later receiving a limited expulsion, according to the complaint.

The student decided to place the emblems supporting ICE to express his views after his peers across the Clark County School District participated in an anti-ICE walkout on Jan. 21. The complaint alleges that the district and school officials named as defendants in the lawsuit did not stop or punish students for participating in the walkout, but instead “facilitated” the demonstration.

After taking down N.C.’s pro-ICE emblems, school administrators searched his Chromebook and found searches around Martin Luther King Jr. Day that included “Dark Secrets of Martin Luther King” “The Martin Luther King Assassination,” “James Earl Ray,” and “Tough ICE pictures.”

MARYLAND TEACHER CLAIMS IN LAWSUIT HE WAS FALSELY BRANDED ‘RACIST’ OVER SEATING CHART DISPUTE

Assistant Principal Thomas Smith allegedly “determined these searches to be a racist threat,” and N.C. was called into his office for a meeting, where he allegedly compared N.C.’s actions to someone putting up a poster that said, “Let’s go get whitey.”

The meeting concluded with Smith allegedly determining that N.C. was racist and that his motivations were racist, according to the complaint, and he was suspended immediately. School officials recommended a limited expulsion for a “racially motivated incident,” according to the complaint, and that expulsion was upheld before an Expulsion Hearing Panel and Expulsion Review Board.

In a private meeting between Smith, N.C. and his father, George Crossman, Smith allegedly explained that the student’s actions supporting ICE were considered racist “because the majority of the school is Hispanic” and the school official compared the emblems to a “burning cross.”

“Characterization of N.C.’s conduct as ‘racially motivated’ was a pretext,” the complaint says. “The true basis for Defendants’ decision was their personal, political, and ideological disagreement with the viewpoint expressed by the Pro-ICE Emblems.”

CLICK HERE FOR MORE COVERAGE OF MEDIA AND CULTURE

The complaint claims school officials violated N.C.’s First Amendment rights and retaliated against him for engaging in protected speech. It requests a jury trial, damages in excess of $15,000 and for N.C.’s expulsion to be rescinded, and he be restored to good standing.

The Clark County School District said in a statement to Fox News Digital, “CCSD recognizes and honors our students’ First Amendment rights to lawful advocacy and expression on causes important to them. However, the District does not comment on pending litigation.”

LeRutte and Smith did not immediately return Fox News Digital’s requests for comment.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Political Signal