Connect with us

Latest

Congo Crowd Sets Ebola Hospital Tents Ablaze At Epicenter Of Outbreak

Published

on

‘Epidemic yes. Pandemic no’
Continue Reading

Latest

Casino boss defends closure of iconic Primm resorts amid backlash from founding family

Published

on

The CEO behind the company shutting down a group of iconic Nevada casino properties has defended the decision, telling gaming regulators the once-popular gambling stop is no longer financially sustainable.

Primm, Nevada, was once home to three bustling properties long viewed as affordable alternatives to Las Vegas, just across the California-Nevada border.

This month, it was announced that the last of the three hotels, Primm Valley Resort & Casino, is scheduled to close July 4. That closure is expected to eliminate 344 jobs, according to Fox 5 Las Vegas.

CASINO RESORTS IN NEVADA LOCATION, ONCE PACKED, BECOME GHOST TOWN AS CLOSURE NEARS

Affinity Interactive CEO Scott Butera told the Gaming Control Board on Thursday that Primm is “just not viable as a casino operation,” the Nevada Independent reported.

The executive cited ongoing financial losses and unsuccessful investment efforts as reasons for the closure.

“It’s been losing money, and we’ve been investing a lot of money over the years to no avail,” Butera said. “We’ve tried many things there, including building a new sign and new slot machines.”

Butera was pressed by Mike Dreitzer, the Gaming Control Board chair, who told him the board was monitoring the situation “with grave concern for the community.”

LAS VEGAS TOURISM DROPS SHARPLY AS SOME VISITORS CLAIM ‘CASINOS ARE EMPTY’ AMID RISING COSTS

“This is of critical importance to the state, and good faith is not only requested, but it’s required,” said Dreitzer, the Nevada Independent reported.

Butera said Affinity is “working very closely with the landlord,” and cited a “potential suitor” who might revitalize the property.

“We’re hoping that we’ll have a transition on the property, but we are exiting as the tenant,” he said.

CASINOS BRACE AS LAS VEGAS TOURISM PLUNGES 7.5% IN SHARPEST ANNUAL VISITOR DECLINE OUTSIDE COVID PANDEMIC

Affinity Interactive and its principal owner, New York-based private equity firm Z Capital, have leased and operated the Primm properties for nearly 15 years.

The closure drew criticism from the Primm family.

Cory Clemetson, president of Primm’s landowner group and grandson of town founder Ernie Primm, denounced the decision to close in a statement shared with Fox News Digital.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER

“If the Primm properties go dark, so does the welcome they have provided over the decades,” Clemetson said.

“It is contrary to our values to let that happen without exploring all options,” he said.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE LIFESTYLE STORIES

Clemetson added that he and his family are working “tirelessly” to explore ways to revive the Primm properties.

“Be assured that we’re working toward a revitalized Primm and a return to better days,” Clemetson said.

The first two casino hotels to shut down — Whiskey Pete’s and Buffalo Bill’s Resort & Casino — closed in December 2024 and scaled back to special-event operations in July 2025.

Primm has seen “a slow decline” in the past 15 to 20 years, an expert told Fox News Digital earlier in May.

“A lot of people used to stop there,” said Amanda Belarmino, an associate professor of hospitality at UNLV.

“Since casinos are more readily accessible, Primm lost some of that appeal.”

TEST YOURSELF WITH OUR LATEST LIFESTYLE QUIZ

Fox News Digital reached out to Affinity Interactive for reaction to Butera’s comments.

Teresa Mull of Fox News Digital contributed reporting.

Continue Reading

Latest

High school teacher who allegedly had sex with student in closet now faces charges involving more teens

Published

on

A 25-year-old high school teacher who was arrested earlier this month for allegedly having sex with a student, now faces additional charges and is accused of engaging in improper conduct with several more students, according to arrest records.

Maris Nicols, 25, was arrested on Thursday on multiple charges, including grooming of a minor, sexual assault and child molestation.

Nicols, who previously taught at Alexander High School in Douglas County, is now accused of sex crimes involving six teenagers, FOX 5 reported, citing court documents.

She was first arrested earlier this month, accused of having sex with one student twice: in a school closet and in a Hummer parked in a driveway.

HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER ARRESTED IN ALLEGED SEX CASE INVOLVING TEEN STUDENT

Her bond was set at $74,000, and she had bonded out by Friday, according to the station.

Nicols is now accused of sending nude photos and videos of herself, including masturbating with a sex toy while on a live video chat with at least two teens under 16, FOX 5 reported.

She also allegedly sent text messages to two male students describing sex acts she wanted them to perform on her, and sent nude photos to a female student and encouraged her to watch the movie “Fifty Shades of Grey.”

MORE THAN 300 ARRESTED IN SPRAWLING CALIFORNIA CRACKDOWN ON CHILD EXPLOITATION CRIMES

Nicols also allegedly had sex with another student in the back of his truck at a golf club.

In a letter to parents, The Douglas County School System previously said it was “deeply troubled” by the allegations.

“Upon learning of the alleged misconduct, the district immediately launched an investigation,” the letter sent after Nichols’ first arrest earlier this month said. “The Douglas County School System will continue to cooperate fully with state and local law enforcement. The district cannot provide additional information regarding the allegations. Any further inquiries should be directed to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office.”

Fox News Digital has reached out to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office for comment.

Continue Reading

Latest

Military families demand DOJ distribute nearly $800M from French cement company found guilty of bribing ISIS

Published

on

Gold Star families and injured veterans demand the DOJ distribute $777 million paid by Lafarge after its conviction for funding ISIS in Syria.
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Political Signal