Connect with us

Latest

Congo team must isolate to enter United States for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak

Published

on

Congo is dealing with an outbreak of Ebola, and executive director of the White House Task Force for the World Cup Andrew Giuliani said the Congolese national soccer team must isolate if they want to enter the United States for the global tournament.

The U.S. has told FIFA, the Congolese government and national soccer team, that they must isolate for 21 days in order to enter the country for the World Cup. The team is currently training in Belgium and is scheduled to play two warmup games there.

“We’ve been very clear to Congo that they should maintain the integrity of their bubble for 21 days before they can then come to Houston on June 11,” Giuliani told ESPN. “We’ve made it very clear to the Congo government as well that they need to maintain that bubble or they risk not being able to travel to the United States. We cannot be any clearer.”

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

“We want to make sure that there is nothing that’s going to come in or near our borders here on this,” he said.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been monitoring two American doctors who were in quarantine in Europe after being exposed to Ebola, Giuliani said. He said they have discussed sending staff to Belgium to check on the Congo team.

In Congo last week, they had a confirmed outbreak of Bundibugyo, a rare type of Ebola. It is thought to have killed more than 130 people, with nearly 600 suspected cases.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

“If there are other people that are going to be coming in, they need to have a separate bubble from that team. If they end up coming, and any of those people end up symptomatic, they are risking the entire team being able to come and compete in this World Cup,” Giuliani said.

The CDC announced this week that all foreign nationals who had been in Congo, Uganda and South Sudan within the past three weeks would be banned from entry into the United States for 30 days.

The Congo canceled a planned farewell by the team to fans and a three-day World Cup preparation training camp on Wednesday.

Congo is in Group K and is scheduled to play Portugal in their opening game in Houston on June 17. Their next two games are against Colombia in Guadalajara, Mexico, on June 23, and Uzbekistan in Atlanta on June 27.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Continue Reading

Latest

Major Oil Association Fires Back After Gavin Newson’s Attack On Chevron Gas Stations

Published

on

‘Hasn’t driven himself anywhere since 2004’
Continue Reading

Latest

40,000 People Ordered Evacuated After SoCal Chemical Leak As Authorities Try To Prevent Explosion

Published

on

‘unique hazmat incident’
Continue Reading

Latest

New York ready to combust as NYPD shut down Knicks watch party outside Madison Square Garden

Published

on

The New York Knicks are two wins away from going back to the NBA Finals for the first time this millennium, and the city that never sleeps may not know what to do with itself if they make it there.

We all saw how electric Madison Square Garden was for Games 1 and 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals, just imagine how much that place will be rocking if the Knicks can host a game with the Larry O’Brien Trophy in the building.

The entire roof may cave in!

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

And it’s not just limited to home games either, as the fans have been clamoring to get an outdoor watch party outside of MSG organized to watch the Knicks on the road.

The NYPD, however, isn’t about to let that happen.

There’s a fine line between acting like a crazy fan and breaking the law, and sometimes having a preemptive plan in place is the best move.

I reached out to NYPD Commissioner Jessica Tisch for comment, and although she hasn’t responded yet, I sympathize with her position.

ICONIC SPORTS VENUE MADISON SQUARE GARDEN TO HOST NYPD, STAFF AT PRIVATE CONCERT AMID ‘THANK YOU’ EFFORT

She’s between a rock and a hard place with this one.

No one wants to deny Knicks fans a watch party, but it might be a wise decision to nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand.

There were a handful of arrests due to “fan rowdiness” after Game 2, which might explain the decision to pull the plug on the proposed watch party.

This makes sense too, given the recent incidents that have occurred in resort towns in nearby New Jersey, though this certainly wasn’t a popular decision among fans.

With all that being said, I need to see the city of New York in the NBA Finals like I need air to breathe.

Watch party or not, the whole city might combust if the Knicks win an NBA Championship.

The ticker-tape parade down the Canyon of Heroes will be legendary, but there’s business to attend to first.

The Knicks will have to buckle down and win two of the next four contests against a scrappy Cleveland Cavaliers team, but the fans will unfortunately have to watch from the comfort of their own couches.

There will be no “rowdiness” in the streets of NYC, at least not for Knicks fans.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Political Signal