Connect with us

Latest

US Army hits 2026 recruiting goals four months early, Pete Hegseth announces at West Point commencement

Published

on

The U.S. Army hit its 2026 recruiting goals four months early, marking a second record year in a row, Pete Hegseth revealed at West Point graduation.
Continue Reading

Latest

Congo team must isolate to enter United States for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak

Published

on

Congo is dealing with an outbreak of Ebola, and executive director of the White House Task Force for the World Cup Andrew Giuliani said the Congolese national soccer team must isolate if they want to enter the United States for the global tournament.

The U.S. has told FIFA, the Congolese government and national soccer team, that they must isolate for 21 days in order to enter the country for the World Cup. The team is currently training in Belgium and is scheduled to play two warmup games there.

“We’ve been very clear to Congo that they should maintain the integrity of their bubble for 21 days before they can then come to Houston on June 11,” Giuliani told ESPN. “We’ve made it very clear to the Congo government as well that they need to maintain that bubble or they risk not being able to travel to the United States. We cannot be any clearer.”

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

“We want to make sure that there is nothing that’s going to come in or near our borders here on this,” he said.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been monitoring two American doctors who were in quarantine in Europe after being exposed to Ebola, Giuliani said. He said they have discussed sending staff to Belgium to check on the Congo team.

In Congo last week, they had a confirmed outbreak of Bundibugyo, a rare type of Ebola. It is thought to have killed more than 130 people, with nearly 600 suspected cases.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

“If there are other people that are going to be coming in, they need to have a separate bubble from that team. If they end up coming, and any of those people end up symptomatic, they are risking the entire team being able to come and compete in this World Cup,” Giuliani said.

The CDC announced this week that all foreign nationals who had been in Congo, Uganda and South Sudan within the past three weeks would be banned from entry into the United States for 30 days.

The Congo canceled a planned farewell by the team to fans and a three-day World Cup preparation training camp on Wednesday.

Congo is in Group K and is scheduled to play Portugal in their opening game in Houston on June 17. Their next two games are against Colombia in Guadalajara, Mexico, on June 23, and Uzbekistan in Atlanta on June 27.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Continue Reading

Latest

US embassy in Ukraine warns of ‘potentially significant air attack’ that could happen in next 24 hours

Published

on

The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv issued a security alert Saturday warning that a “potentially significant air attack” could hit the city in the next 24 hours.

The U.S. Mission Ukraine said in a statement, “The U.S. embassy in Kyiv has received information concerning a potentially significant air attack that may occur at any time over the next 24 hours.”

“The embassy, as always, recommends U.S. citizens be prepared to immediately shelter in the event an air alert is announced,” the warning added.

The message follows a warning from Ukrainian President Volodmyr Zelenskyy that Russia was preparing to strike Ukraine with a hypersonic Oreshnik missile.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Continue Reading

Latest

Liberal NY Times columnist roasts Dem election autopsy as ‘ridiculous,’ says AI could have done a better job

Published

on

New York Times opinion columnist Michelle Goldberg blasted the Democratic National Committee’s long-awaited 2024 election autopsy Friday, deriding the report as “mysterious,” “anticlimactic” and “ridiculous” after months of internal party drama over its release.

“The document, it’s now clear, was kept under wraps not because it was impolitic, but because it’s a disaster,” Goldberg wrote, criticizing Democratic National Committee Chair Ken Martin for changing his rhetoric regarding the report.

“What’s most striking is its utter lack of substance,” she continued, noting that the words “Israel” and “Gaza” appear nowhere in its 192 pages.

“It offers little insight into why the Democratic Party lost large numbers of Black and Latino men, or its failure to speak to disconnected, irregular voters… I wondered if it was written by A.I., though A.I. probably would’ve done a better job,” she added.

DNC CHAIR RIPPED FOR DOWNPLAYING UNRELEASED 2024 AUTOPSY AFTER DEM LOSSES: ‘SELF-INFLICTED CRISIS’

When vying for the DNC chairmanship, Martin ran on releasing the autopsy but, with time, said it would not be released after all.

The move, Goldberg said, made the report “an object of suspicion and fascination.”

FORMER DEM MEGADONOR BLASTS 2024 AUTOPSY AS WASTE OF TIME, SAYS REASONS FOR LOSS ARE OBVIOUS

“Some thought he was protecting Kamala Harris ahead of 2028. Many progressives were convinced that the D.N.C. quashed the autopsy because it would show Harris was done in by Gaza. Rob Flaherty, who’d been deputy director of both the Harris and Joe Biden campaigns, speculated that it didn’t even exist,” she wrote.

Over at The Washington Post, conservative opinion columnist Ramesh Ponnuru focused on what wasn’t in the report: “There’s nothing about President Joe Biden’s age and voters’ worries about it. Nothing about the border crisis the Democrats first caused through their policies and then denied in their rhetoric. Nothing about the party’s declining appeal to religiously observant voters. Nothing about the boutique left-wing views — such as support for taxpayer-funded sex changes for illegal immigrants and prisoners.” 

The report was ultimately released Thursday and initially covered by CNN, argues the party weakened its infrastructure through declining voter registration, cuts to state party support and a failure to listen to certain voter groups.

DEMOCRATS HAVE HIT ‘ROCK BOTTOM,’ PARTY LEADER SAYS; HERE’S HIS UNORTHODOX REBOUND PLAN

The report also notes that the party must have a renewed focus on voters in Middle America and the South.

It has already created internal tensions within the party, with Democratic National Committee Chair Ken Martin publicly distancing himself from the autopsy, saying it doesn’t meet his standards.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE COVERAGE OF MEDIA AND CULTURE

“I am not proud of this product; it does not meet my standards, and it won’t meet your standards,” he said, adding that he could not “in good faith put the DNC’s stamp of approval on it.”

He added that the report was released for the sake of transparency “as I received it – in its entirety, unedited and unabridged – with annotations for claims that couldn’t be verified.”

Fox News Digital reached out to the DNC for comment but did not immediately receive a response.

Fox News’ Madison Colombo contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Political Signal