Connect with us

Latest

Democrats, media spark fury with ‘disgusting’ response to Tulsi Gabbard’s DNI resignation

Published

on

Democrats and media pundits face criticism for their “inappropriate” response to Tulsi Gabbard’s resignation as Director of National Intelligence following her husband’s cancer diagnosis.

Speaking on “Fox & Friends Weekend,” Tony Kinnett, national correspondent for The Daily Signal, called out the immediate political pivot.

“The social media ecosystem, a lot of the analysis and punditry sphere, is all about getting out and saying the spiciest thing as soon as the news breaks,” Kinnett said, arguing the attacks show “how disgusting a lot of these individuals’ characters are revealed to be.”

Gabbard’s final day as Director of National Intelligence is expected to be June 30. Fox News Digital obtained her formal resignation letter, in which she stated she is “deeply grateful” for the opportunity but noted that her husband, Abraham, “has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer.”

EXCLUSIVE: TULSI GABBARD RESIGNS FROM TRUMP CABINET

But some members of the media and Democratic Party criticized Gabbard following her decision to leave her post.

Guests on CNN took aim at Gabbard’s tenure, with former Deputy DNI Beth Sanner offering condolences before jabbing that her DNI title stood for “Do Not Invite.”

GABBARD CLAIMS ‘COORDINATED EFFORT’ BY INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY TO ADVANCE NARRATIVE TO IMPEACH TRUMP

Democratic lawmakers offered similar sentiments. Sen. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., took to social media to say that the resignation was her only positive contribution to the role.

“While the circumstances around her departure are deserving of our sympathy, let’s be clear: Tulsi Gabbard’s only positive contribution to our nation’s national security is her resignation,” Schiff wrote on X.

But Kinnett argued that the quick jump to politics on a deeply personal issue reflects what he described as a troubling shift in political commentary.

“The most principled thing you can do as a wife is to leave something behind, as a spouse in general is to leave your career behind,” Kinnett said.

He added that the negative reaction reflected what he called a “lack of character” from critics.

EX-MOB CAPO ALLEGES FURIOUS RFK WEAPONIZED THE FBI AGAINST HIS FATHER OVER MARILYN MONROE

Gabbard assumed office in February 2025 and is a U.S. Army Reserve officer and combat veteran. She previously served in Congress for multiple terms as a Democrat before leaving the party to become an independent and later joining the Republican Party. 

In her resignation letter, Gabbard noted that her husband has been her “rock” throughout their 11 years of marriage and during difficult deployments overseas. She wrote that she “cannot in good conscience ask him to face this fight alone while I continue in this demanding and time-consuming position.”

Trump responded to the resignation on Truth Social, writing that she “rightfully” wants to support her husband during a tough battle.

“I have no doubt he will soon be better than ever. Tulsi has done an incredible job, and we will miss her,” he wrote.

Continue Reading

Latest

Vanessa Trump calls Tiger Woods her ‘strength’ amid breast cancer diagnosis in touching social media post

Published

on

Vanessa Trump, the former daughter-in-law of President Donald Trump, shared a heartfelt message on social media, calling boyfriend Tiger Woods her “strength” as she navigates her recent breast cancer diagnosis.

Vanessa shared a photo of the five children she shares with Donald Trump Jr. and another with the golf legend in a series of posts on Instagram Stories on Friday. 

“My strength through it all! Family and the closest people to me,” she wrote in a caption on each post. 

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

The post came just days after Vanessa announced that she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had recently undergone a procedure.

“I’ve recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. While this isn’t news anyone expects, I’m working closely with my medical team on a treatment plan. I would like to thank my doctors for performing a procedure earlier this week on me. I am staying focused and hopeful while surrounded by the love and support of my family, my kids, and those closest to me,” he post read.

“Thank you for your kindness and support. It truly means more than I can express. I kindly ask for privacy as I focus on my health and recovery.

VANESSA TRUMP REVEALS BREAST CANCER DIAGNOSIS IN EMOTIONAL STATEMENT: ‘I AM STAYING FOCUSED AND HOPEFUL’

The photo posted by Vanessa on Friday was the same photo Woods shared on X when he first announced his relationship with her in March 2025.

“Love is in the air and life is better with you by my side! We look forward to our journey through life together,” he wrote in an X post at the time. “At this time we would appreciate privacy for all those close to our hearts.” 

She recently posted a message supporting Woods after he was arrested on DUI charges in Florida back in March.

Woods was spotted earlier this month getting off his private plane at Palm Beach International Airport after staying in Switzerland for several weeks. He was previously granted permission on April 1 to travel out of the country “to enter into comprehensive inpatient treatment.”

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Continue Reading

Latest

White House lockdown lifted after gunman brandishes pistol, fires multiple shots near grounds

Published

on

Fox News has learned a male gunman armed with a pistol opened fire Saturday afternoon near the White House in Washington, D.C., engaging with the U.S. Secret Service.

Fox News Chief congressional correspondent Chad Pergram reported that at about 6 p.m. local time, a gunman fired about three shots toward the executive mansion and Secret Service agents returned fire, according to a senior administration official with direct knowledge of the incident.

The White House was placed on lockdown, which was later lifted.

The shooting unfolded near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, prompting a lockdown that was later lifted, according to the Secret Service.

A nearby civilian on the street was shot in the exchange, and their condition is unknown, the senior official said.

As many as 30 shots were reportedly heard in the direction of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.

The senior official said the suspect never got inside the general perimeter of the White House grounds.

All members of the Secret Service were reported safe.

FBI Director Kash Patel said his agency’s agents are at the scene and “supporting Secret Service responding to shots fired near White House grounds.”

Secret Service agents were heard telling reporters to “get down,” before the press were ushered into the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room in the West Wing.

Secret Service agents were seen on the grounds with their weapons drawn.

Hours before the alleged gunfire rang out, President Donald Trump announced the administration was close to finalizing a deal to end the war with Iran, noting he was in the White House Oval Office.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Continue Reading

Latest

Indiana coach Curt Cignetti is putting in some pace car reps before the Indianapolis 500

Published

on

It’s always cool to say you got the chance to drive the pace car for any race, but having them toss you the keys for the Indianapolis 500?

It doesn’t get any better than that, and this year, that honor goes to one of the most popular people in Indiana these days, Indiana Hoosiers head football coach Curt Cignetti.

The great thing about driving the pace car is that, unlike a ceremonial first pitch, which has no bearing on the game (although, how fun would it be if it did?), the pace car driver can impact the race.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

You’ve got to be going the right speed so that the cars are able to get their tires up to temperature safely.

WNBA SUPERSTAR CAITLIN CLARK WILL BE THE GRAND MARSHAL OF THIS YEAR’S INDIANAPOLIS 500

Go too slow, and you’re going to irritate some drivers.

So, it makes sense that you would do some practice ahead of time, and on Saturday, IndyCar shared some pictures and videos of Cignetti getting in some reps at the Brickyard.

Cignetti is getting quite the set of wheels to pace the field. The pace car for the 110th Running of the Indianapolis 500 is a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1X. It has a 5.5L twin-turbo V8 engine that delivers over 1,000 hp to the rear wheels, and if that wasn’t good enough, it also has an electric motor that adds another 186 hp to the front axle.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

I’m not sure what Cignetti is driving day-to-day, but that’s a lot of car, so it’s good that he was getting some pointers from Sarah Fisher. Fisher is a former IndyCar driver with nine Indianapolis 500 appearances under her belt and has also worked for the driver as a pace car driver.

So, if there’s anyone to get some pointers from, it’s her.

Cignetti and the Corvette — which sports a very cool America 250 paint scheme — will lead the field on the pace laps on Sunday, with coverage beginning at 10 a.m. ET on Fox.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Political Signal