Latest
Congo team must isolate to enter United States for World Cup amid Ebola outbreak
Congo is dealing with an outbreak of Ebola, and executive director of the White House Task Force for the World Cup Andrew Giuliani said the Congolese national soccer team must isolate if they want to enter the United States for the global tournament.
The U.S. has told FIFA, the Congolese government and national soccer team, that they must isolate for 21 days in order to enter the country for the World Cup. The team is currently training in Belgium and is scheduled to play two warmup games there.
“We’ve been very clear to Congo that they should maintain the integrity of their bubble for 21 days before they can then come to Houston on June 11,” Giuliani told ESPN. “We’ve made it very clear to the Congo government as well that they need to maintain that bubble or they risk not being able to travel to the United States. We cannot be any clearer.”
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
“We want to make sure that there is nothing that’s going to come in or near our borders here on this,” he said.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been monitoring two American doctors who were in quarantine in Europe after being exposed to Ebola, Giuliani said. He said they have discussed sending staff to Belgium to check on the Congo team.
In Congo last week, they had a confirmed outbreak of Bundibugyo, a rare type of Ebola. It is thought to have killed more than 130 people, with nearly 600 suspected cases.
ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!
“If there are other people that are going to be coming in, they need to have a separate bubble from that team. If they end up coming, and any of those people end up symptomatic, they are risking the entire team being able to come and compete in this World Cup,” Giuliani said.
The CDC announced this week that all foreign nationals who had been in Congo, Uganda and South Sudan within the past three weeks would be banned from entry into the United States for 30 days.
The Congo canceled a planned farewell by the team to fans and a three-day World Cup preparation training camp on Wednesday.
Congo is in Group K and is scheduled to play Portugal in their opening game in Houston on June 17. Their next two games are against Colombia in Guadalajara, Mexico, on June 23, and Uzbekistan in Atlanta on June 27.
Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.
Latest
VIDEO: Explosion Blasts NYC Wharf Killing One, Injuring Three Dozen, Most of Them First Responders
A powerful explosion blasted a busy Staten Island wharf Friday, killing one person and injuring 36 others, most of them first responders including two Fire Department of New York (FDNY) members who were hospitalized with serious injuries, authorities said.
The post VIDEO: Explosion Blasts NYC Wharf Killing One, Injuring Three Dozen, Most of Them First Responders appeared first on Breitbart.
Latest
Trump Administration Temporarily Moves USCIS Lawyers to DOJ to Speed Denaturalization Cases
The Trump administration is expanding its push to revoke citizenship from some naturalized Americans accused of obtaining it through fraud or other ineligibility, with immigration attorneys being temporarily assigned to Justice Department offices as officials prioritize denaturalization cases.
The post Trump Administration Temporarily Moves USCIS Lawyers to DOJ to Speed Denaturalization Cases appeared first on Breitbart.
Latest
Trump Announces Iran Deal ‘Largely Negotiated’, Strait of Hormuz to Be Opened
President Donald Trump said on Saturday that a peace deal between the United States, Iran, and other regional partners has been “largely negotiated”, including the opening of the Strait of Hormuz.
The post Trump Announces Iran Deal ‘Largely Negotiated’, Strait of Hormuz to Be Opened appeared first on Breitbart.
-
Latest1 month agoVance Leaves Meeting, Looks Straight Into Camera, Announces Stunning Arrest
-
News1 month agoAdam Schiff Facing 30 Years In Prison After Bank Records Leak
-
Latest1 month agoSupreme Curt Sides With Trump — He Can Remove The All
-
News1 month agoAll Hell Breaks Loose On Fox When Jesse Watters Asks Fetterman One Question
-
News1 month agoNBC Stops LIVE Broadcast — Breaks Big Trump News
-
News1 month agoSwalwell Facing Jail Time After Sickening New Video Leaks
-
Latest1 month agoTrump Pulls Off Miracle Of A Lifetime — It’s Permanently Open
-
Latest1 month agoUT Judge Drops Bombshell In Charlie Kirk Killer Case
